The innovations in the area of Transient Absorption Technology has led to the development of state-of-the-art ‘Flashtrab’ Lightening Current Arresters & ‘Valvetrab’ Surge Voltage Arresters for Power Supply Lines. Surge Protection Devices for Measurement, Control and Regulation signals include ‘Plugtrab’ & ‘Termitrab’. The above, along with surge arresters for Data & Telecommunication signals provide the comprehensive Surge Protection Solution for all types of Electrical / Electronic installations.
The coupling of surge voltage can take place in a circuit due to various reasons primarily being:
- Influence of power supply lines over the data & signal lines.
- Erratic power supply from the source / sub station.
- Switching of loads (on-off of other equipment) in the premises.
- Direct or Indirect Lightning strikes in the vicinity.
An effective surge voltage protection measure begins in the power supply with a multistage mains protection system i.e. Coarse, Medium and Fine (equipment) protection system. Besides, the data lines are the other gates through which surge voltages can penetrate into systems and cause destruction resulting in great financial burden in terms of both the losses of hardware as well as precious software.
Advantages of the Phoenix Contact Surge Protection devices:
- Pluggable type of devices available
- Overload sign indication window
- International Approval